Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Colour Pinhole.


This was my final photo for my Representation project, I wanted to include it as I feel like it's one of the stronger pieces of work I've made recently. Our theme was portraits, I wanted to try to represent how I've been feeling since being here, and away from home. It's a self portrait, I took it in my bedroom at uni, as this is my own personal space in Southampton. I wanted to get across the feelings of vulnerability and a sort of loneliness. I'd been looking at the work of Francesca Woodman, and her self portraits, she used long exposures to distort and confuse, also to hide the identity of the subject.




My own, 2012
I transformed the medium format camera into a pinhole camera, I wanted to try something different, and I knew I'd have to use long exposures, therefore be able to move through the frame, and hopefully create something successful. I am extremally happy with my final print, and really enjoyed working with pinhole, and colour film.


No comments:

Post a Comment